- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Inside Politics: Ann Romney says voters will ‘fire the coach’
Question of the Day
Mitt Romney’s wife is reinforcing her husband’s refusal to make public several years of tax returns, saying “we’ve given all you need to know” about the family’s finances.
Ann Romney told ABC News she thinks the Obama campaign’s attacks on her husband have been “beneath the dignity of the presidency.” She also says people will decide for whom to vote based on whether their lives would be better under Mitt Romney or President Obama.
She said that ultimately she thinks voters are “going to fire the coach.”
Mrs. Romney said the family gives 10 percent of its income to the church and her husband took no salary during his four years as governor of Massachusetts. She said that should be enough to put aside people’s concerns about her husband’s finances.
First lady will lead campaign-mobilizing effort
First lady Michelle Obama is taking on a more prominent political role, launching a nationwide effort to get every supporter of President Obama to get more involved in his re-election campaign — and to get somebody else more engaged, too.
The “It Takes One” program urges supporters to start by taking one action that will help expand the campaign.
In a video message to supporters released Thursday, Mrs. Obama suggests such actions as helping one new voter get registered, recruiting one more volunteer or bringing a friend to the next phone bank.
The Obama campaign says Mrs. Obama will lead the It Takes One program. That represents a significant increase in her role in her husband’s re-election effort.
Panetta orders crackdown on classified data leaks
The Pentagon announced Thursday that it is taking new steps to try to clamp down on leaks of classified information, saying unauthorized disclosures undermine national security and in some cases rise to the level of criminal acts.
Pentagon press secretary George Little said in a statement that Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta has ordered him to join the Pentagon’s top intelligence official in monitoring all “major, national level” news media reports for unauthorized disclosures of secrets.
Mr. Panetta also reiterated guidance issued by his predecessor, Robert M. Gates, that the Pentagon’s public affairs office should be the only source of defense information provided to the news media in Washington.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!