- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
Cal nuke plant OK on equipment change
LOS ANGELES — Federal regulators say the San Onofre nuclear power plant in California did not mislead the government about extensive modifications to its troubled steam generators.
The seaside plant between Los Angeles and San Diego has been shut down since January after a break in a generator tube that carries radioactive water. Investigators found extensive wear on scores of tubes at the plant.
Environmental activists accused Southern California Edison of duping the Nuclear Regulatory Commission about extensive changes to the replacement generators, including boosting the number of tubes.
But an NRC report Thursday obtained by The Associated Press says Edison provided the NRC with all the information required under regulations.
A key issue remains under study: Whether the agency needs to change the process that was used to approve the replacement generators.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
Ford Mustang through the years
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.