- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
The new Husqvarna models TR 650 Terra and TR 650 Strada
Question of the Day
Husqvarna Motorcycles — road bikes and off-road bikes with a long tradition.
Husqvarna Motorcycles is an international manufacturer of off-road and on-road motorbikes. It was originally founded in Sweden and has been part of the BMW Group since 2007. Since this time, the innovative technological capabilities of Husqvarna Motorcycles have been dynamically strengthened, and on a lasting basis, through its alliance with BMW Motorrad.
The motorcycle brand with the Scandinavian roots, based today inCassinetta di Biandronno in the northern Italian province of Varese, boasts a tradition of motorcycle manufacturing which stretches back more than 100 years, making Husqvarnas the oldest motorcycles in the world with an uninterrupted production record. In ten decades of company history, Husqvarna Motorcycles has been able to achieve outstanding success in international off-road racing, with 82 World Championship titles to its name to date. In road racing, Husqvarna was successful in the 1920s and 1930s, so it was a logical step to set about expanding today’s product range in the on-road arena once again.
Husqvarna re-entered the road bike segment in 2011 with the presentation of the Husqvarna Nuda 900 and Husqvarna Nuda 900R models. These models, developed in collaboration with BMW Motorrad, likewise display Husqvarna’s typical pure, athletic and dynamic styling. The brand most recently provided a look ahead to further extension of the model range with the Husqvarna Concept MOAB, Husqvarna Concept Strada and Husqvarna Concept BAJA studies.
Husqvarna TR 650 Strada and TR 650 Terra — two powerful characters for on-road and off-road riding
With the new TR 650 Strada and the new TR 650 Terra,
Husqvarna Motorcycles extends its program of highly agile, dynamic single-cylinder motorcycles by adding two attractive new machines.
Their slim, wiry stature and masculine, dynamic design gives the new Husqvarna TR 650 models a progressive, light and energetic look, whether as the “Terra” version for light terrain or as the “Strada” version for asphalt-based motorcycling fun. At the same time, the two new Husqvarna models are clearly set apart from their competitors with their outstanding overall package of handling and riding dynamics as well as in terms of design. Along with their relatively low weight, a powerful single-cylinder engine and an agile, directionally-stable chassis they embody the passion of motorcycling and the fascinating world of Husqvarna Motorcycles.
Outstandingly powerful single-cylinder engine in the BMW Motorrad mould
In terms of engine technology, the TR 650 Strada and TR 650 Terra rely on the tried and tested basis of the G 650 GS by BMW Motorrad. However, this liquid-cooled single-cylinder power unit with two overhead camshafts and
652 cc was extensively modified and its performance significantly enhanced for use in the two new Husqvarna models. It delivers 43 kW (58 hp) at
7,250 rpm, developing its maximum torque of 60 Nm at 5,750 rpm. For those countries with graduated licencing, there is also there is also a reduced power version on offer as an ex works option with 35 kW (48 hp) at 7,250 rpm and 54 Nm of torque at 5,750 rpm.
The single-cylinder engine has been modified with a wide range of measures to hone it for its athletic, dynamic purpose. In addition to various other improvements, such features as a modified electronic fuel-injection system, altered camshafts and an increased compression ratio due to modified piston and cylinder head geometries ensure powerful propulsion, high revving and spontaneous response. Nonetheless, with its exhaust system in stainless steel including two rear silencers and a closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, the engine provides not just an especially high level of single-cylinder riding fun but also excellent fuel efficiency and environmental compatibility.
In conjunction with the constant-mesh 5-speed gearbox, the powerful and high-revving single-cylinder engine in the Husqvarna TR 650 Strada puts in an especially impressive performance on country roads, while a full torque curve and spontaneous response also allow supreme off-road excursions over light terrain on the TR 650 Terra.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world