- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Zach Parise is still undecided, has no timetable
Question of the Day
Zach Parise needed more than 24 hours to choose which hockey team to make happy.
“I’m getting closer but haven’t made a decision,” Parise told reporters Monday in Mississauga, Ontario , according to the Canadian Press. “I haven’t set any deadlines.”
New Jersey is hoping to keep Parise, who became a free agent Sunday when he didn’t re-sign with the Devils. Pittsburgh, Detroit, Minnesota and Nashville are among the teams trying to lure him away from the only team he has played for in his NHL career.
The 27-year-old forward and 27-year-old defenseman Ryan Suter were the top players to hit the market. Suter, who also has played for only one team, the Nashville Predators, seemed to want more than a day to pick a place to play as well.
Parise scored 31 goals last season and had 69 points in his first year as New Jersey Devils captain and contributed 15 postseason points during a run to the Stanley Cup finals. He has 194 goals and 410 career points over seven seasons with the franchise that drafted him. New Jersey selected him 17th overall in 2003 and he made his NHL debut two years later.
Suter had seven goals and 46 points last season with the Predators. He has 38 goals and 238 points in an NHL career that started in 2005, two years after Nashville drafted him No. 7 overall.
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq