- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
De Villota returns home to Spain after crash
Question of the Day
BANBURY, ENGLAND (AP) - The Marussia Formula One team says test driver Maria de Villota has returned home to Spain after the accident in which she lost her right eye.
De Villota was hospitalized for more than two weeks and had two operations after suffering severe head and facial injuries when she crashed into a team truck during a test at an airfield in England on July 3.
Marussia said Saturday that the 32-year-old De Villota returned home Friday.
The Russian-owned team said she had made “significant progress” over the past two weeks and was well enough to go home. The team thanked the English hospital staff for the “remarkable care and attention” De Villota received.
Marussia race drivers Timo Glock and Charles Pic also wished De Villota well in her recovery.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world