- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
AP source: Jackson mom with daughter resting
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A person familiar with Katherine Jackson’s whereabouts says she is resting with one of her daughters on doctor’s orders.
The person, who was not authorized to speak publicly and asked to remain anonymous, said Sunday the Jackson family matriarch is with her daughter Rebbie and has been prescribed rest by a physician.
The unknown whereabouts of the 82-year-old’s Jackson and her lack of communication with her grandchildren prompted a missing person report Saturday night. Sheriff’s officials in Los Angeles later said they believed she was safe and with family in Arizona but had yet to speak with her.
Katherine Jackson serves as guardian of her son Michael’s three children. Michael Jackson’s daughter Paris tweeted early Sunday that she hadn’t spoken with her grandmother in a week and wanted her to return home.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP’s earlier story is below.
Authorities said Sunday they believe Katherine Jackson, the mother of Michael Jackson and the guardian of his three minor children, is safe in Arizona with family members after she was reported missing.
The disclosure came after another concerned family member officially reported her missing Saturday night amid a dispute over the estate of her superstar son.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department was still trying to speak with Katherine Jackson but said she reportedly is with other relatives.
Paris Jackson, the 14-year-old daughter of the late legend, tweeted early Sunday that her grandmother was missing.
“I haven’t spoken with her in a week I want her home now,” she posted from her Twitter account. She also tweeted a number for people to contact in case they saw the 82-year-old matriarch of the famous singing clan.
The family drama unfolded days after it was revealed that some of Katherine Jackson’s children had written a letter to the executors of Michael Jacksan’s estate, alleging his will, which left his fortune to his children, his mother and charity, was a fake.
The undated letter, signed by Janet, Randy, Tito, Rebbie and Jermaine Jackson, claimed Katherine Jackson was being manipulated by the executors, John Branca and John McClain, her health had been affected, and she suffered a mini-stroke.
The legitimacy of the letter was confirmed by Randy Jackson on Twitter, and Janet Jackson retweeted his post.
The estate has denied the accusations.
.Paris Jackson lashed out at her uncle Randy Jackson on Twitter, saying her grandmother was fine.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- DCCC raising money on suggestion Obama impeachment is imminent
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq