- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Sheriff: Katherine Jackson is safe, with family
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Authorities in Los Angeles say they have located Katherine Jackson and that she is safe and with a family member.
Los Angeles Sheriff’s Deputy Mark Pope says investigators continue to speak with Jackson’s relatives and gather more information about her whereabouts.
A relative reported the Jackson family matriarch missing on Saturday night, but her son Jermaine said Sunday evening she was with her sister Rebbie in Arizona.
Pope says he does not have details on her exact whereabouts and that investigators are working on the case.
Jermaine Jackson wrote in a statement that his mother was following doctor’s orders to rest and stay away from the phone.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP’s earlier story is below.
Authorities said Sunday they believe Katherine Jackson, the mother of Michael Jackson and the guardian of his three minor children, is safe in Arizona with family members after she was reported missing.
The disclosure came after another concerned family member officially reported her missing Saturday night amid a dispute over the estate of her superstar son.
A person familiar with Katherine Jackson’s whereabouts said she is with her daughter Rebbie in Arizona and following a doctor’s orders to rest. The person was not authorized to speak publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.
The 82-year-old Jackson family matriarch was reported missing by a relative on Saturday night. Sheriff’s officials later said they believe she is in Arizona with a relative, but they were still trying to establish contact with her.
“I haven’t spoken with her in a week I want her home now,” she posted from her Twitter account. She also tweeted a number for people to contact in case they saw her grandmother.
Katherine Jackson also hadn’t been in contact with her attorneys, who worked Sunday to learn more information about her whereabouts and why she had suddenly become incommunicado, including with her grandchildren.
“First of all, let’s hope that this is all just a big misunderstanding and a totally benign situation,” her attorney Perry Sanders Jr. said Sunday. “Assuming that she did actually leave on doctor’s orders, no matter which doctor, it has certainly created an absolutely irregular situation whereby she has been out of contact with her grandchildren.”
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world