- French president accuses Syria’s Assad of gassing his own citizens
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
News Corp brands education business Amplify
NEW YORK (AP) - News Corp. is naming its grade school education business Amplify.
The unit, which is being spun off from News Corp. along with newspapers, brings together the student assessment software business Wireless Generation and partners it with AT&T.
Joel Klein, the former New York City schools who joined News Corp. in January 2011 to head up its education initiatives, will lead the company.
News Corp., which is based in New York, announced in November 2010 that it would take a 90 percent stake in Wireless Generation for $360 million.
Wireless Generation creates software tools to help educators.
Amplify and AT&T will launch pilot projects in U.S. schools in the coming school year, the company said Monday.. AT&T will provide tablet computers that work on its 4G network and Wi-Fi network.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.