- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Norton: No Thompson bundling, only ‘fundraising’
Bill Miller, spokesman for the U.S. attorney’s office, declined to comment.
Others aren’t so sure that money from Mr. Thompson and his associates is “clean.” O'Malley spokesman Rick Abbruzzese last week explained the decision by Mr. O'Malley to return more than $30,000 in money tied to Mr. Thompson. “The contributions were not made illegally to Martin O'Malley, but given what we now know about the shadow campaign in D.C., the governor made the decision to donate the money.”
Campaign records show the bulk of the money tied to Mr. Thompson that was given to Mr. O'Malley came weeks before Harris and Mr. Thompson and his associates, along with family members, gave about $20,000 to the Norton campaign in the fall of 2010.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jim McElhatton is an investigative reporter for The Washington Times. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Government watchdog mismanages funds
- Transparency's end: Sen. Richard Blumenthal fights subpoena of own records in union case
- GSA IG helped recover Depression-era masterworks
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
- HHS nominee got $1.2M at 'zero' salary job at Wal-Mart
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014