- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
Taking Names: ‘Twilight,’ ‘Hunger Games’ winners at Teen Choice Awards
Question of the Day
“The Twilight Saga” is gonna need a bigger garage.
Sunday’s Teen Choice Awards brought the supernatural franchise’s tally of surfboard-shaped trophies to 41 since 2008, including two awards earned this year for the penultimate film installment, “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 1.”
“Twilight” stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner were on hand to pick up this year’s wins, which included the ultimate choice award, the teen-fueled show’s version of a lifetime achievement award.
“It’s amazing you guys are still around and just as strong and just as loyal,” Mr. Lautner said over screams from the crowd.
Other multiple winners included the movie “The Hunger Games,” actress Emma Stone, the TV show “Pretty Little Liars,” the British boy band One Direction, the CW show “The Vampire Diaries,” and singers Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift, who picked up her 20th trophy — the most ever won by a female artist.
“I just feel so honored that I get to have you guys in my life,” a beaming Miss Swift told fans. She won five awards Sunday: choice female artist, female country artist, single by a female artist for “Eyes Open,” country song for “Sparks Fly” and choice movie voice for “Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax.”
Host and new “The X Factor” judge Demi Lovato said 134 million votes were cast for the 14th annual awards, which honor film, TV, music and sports stars in such silly categories as choice hottie, villain, lip-lock and hissy fit.
Mr. Bieber performed his tune “Boyfriend” and surfed away with five boards, bringing his Teen Choice Awards total to 12 trophies. His girlfriend and birthday girl Selena Gomez won the choice music group trophy and was presented with a cake and rendition of “Happy Birthday” from the crowd inside the Gibson Amphitheatre.
Other winners on hand to accept their awards included Ellen DeGeneres for choice comedian, Zac Efron for choice drama actor and drama movie for “The Lucky One” and Jonah Hill for choice comedy movie for “21 Jump Street.”
Katherine Jackson safe after missing person report
Katherine Jackson, the mother of Michael Jackson and guardian of his three children, is safe and with a family member in Arizona, authorities said late Sunday, one day after another relative reported her missing.
Los Angeles Sheriff’s Deputy Mark Pope said investigators made contact with Mrs. Jackson, but he did not have specifics on her whereabouts. The agency previously said they believed she was with a relative and safe, but wanted to speak with her.
Mrs. Jackson is with her daughter Rebbie in Arizona, following a doctor’s orders to “de-stress” and stay away from the phone and computers, her son Jermaine Jackson said in a statement late Sunday. He said access to his mother is not being blocked.
A member of the Jackson family had reported the family matriarch missing on Saturday, prompting a frantic plea from the late pop star’s only daughter to help locate her grandmother.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- John McCain to Harry Reid: Ill kick the crap out of you
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find up-to-date information on the D.C. and Baltimore live music scenes and read interviews with artists and reviews of the latest releases and concerts.
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness from the carpool lane.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow