- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
DC Comics delays Batman comic after Colo. shooting
Question of the Day
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - DC Comics is asking retailers to postpone sales of a Batman comic book out of respect for victims of the shooting at a theater showing “The Dark Knight Rises” in Colorado.
In an email sent to shops on Monday, DC Entertainment wrote that it had decided to postpone the release of “Batman, Incorporated” No. 3 “because the comic contains content that may be perceived as insensitive in light of recent events.”
The email, a copy of which The Associated Press obtained Tuesday, did not disclose the content. The series is written by Grant Morrison and illustrated by Chris Burnham.
On Twitter, Burnham wrote that the issue would be delayed for “some grim imagery that would seem wholly inappropriate given the Aurora killings.”
He also wrote that “It’s not just a Batman comic with guns in it. There’s a specific scene that made DC & the whole Bat-team say `Yikes.’ Too close for comfort.”
DC Entertainment asked sellers not to make the issue available until Aug. 22.
“Please do not make this issue available at this time. Please hold the copies,” the email read.
Also delayed were digital editions of the issue.
DC Entertainment is a unit of Time Warner Inc.
Follow Matt Moore at http://www.twitter.com/mattmooreap
TWT Video Picks
By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Veteran with concealed weapon turns tables on Chicago gunman
- Google Glass-equipped rifles can fire around corners: It's 'mind-blowing when you actually do it'
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs