- Ben Sasse scores Sen. Ted Cruz’s endorsement for Nebraska Senate primary
- Beer-flavored lollipops make debut: ‘An All-American slam-dunk’
- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
DC Comics delays Batman comic after Colo. shooting
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - DC Comics is asking retailers to postpone sales of a Batman comic book out of respect for victims of the shooting at a theater showing “The Dark Knight Rises” in Colorado.
In an email sent to shops on Monday, DC Entertainment wrote that it had decided to postpone the release of “Batman, Incorporated” No. 3 “because the comic contains content that may be perceived as insensitive in light of recent events.”
The email, a copy of which The Associated Press obtained Tuesday, did not disclose the content. The series is written by Grant Morrison and illustrated by Chris Burnham.
On Twitter, Burnham wrote that the issue would be delayed for “some grim imagery that would seem wholly inappropriate given the Aurora killings.”
He also wrote that “It’s not just a Batman comic with guns in it. There’s a specific scene that made DC & the whole Bat-team say `Yikes.’ Too close for comfort.”
DC Entertainment asked sellers not to make the issue available until Aug. 22.
“Please do not make this issue available at this time. Please hold the copies,” the email read.
Also delayed were digital editions of the issue.
DC Entertainment is a unit of Time Warner Inc.
Follow Matt Moore at http://www.twitter.com/mattmooreap
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.