Continued from page 1

Sandra Ribera, an attorney for Katherine Jackson, said authorities were called after the singer’s children were accosted by relatives who followed them into their gated community in Calabasas.

“After exiting their vehicles, Jackson family members ran up to Michael’s children as they yelled and began to aggressively grab at the cellphones in their hands,” Ribera wrote in a statement.

Ribera claims “a plan has been in place for the last three years to remove Katherine Jackson from her home and her beloved grandchildren.”

Jackson died in June 2009 at age 50 and left his estate to care for his mother and three children. He left nothing to his father or siblings, who have repeatedly tried to intervene in the estate. Several have expressed doubts about the validity of his will, but they have never mounted a formal court challenge.

Whitmore said the missing person’s investigation into Katherine Jackson’s whereabouts has been closed, as was an inquiry about possible elder abuse of the 82-year-old Jackson family matriarch.

He said deputies interviewed Katherine Jackson after a family business associate warned authorities that she was possibly being emotionally abused by a family member. Whitmore said the elder Jackson emphatically denied the accusations.

He said an abundance of caution has investigators still looking into claims that Katherine Jackson is the subject of financial abuse.

The estate and Katherine Jackson’s guardianship of the children are supervised by a probate judge. The judge recently received a financial summary showing that Michael Jackson’s estate has earned $475 million in gross profits since his death, and many of his major debts have either been resolved or are no longer delinquent.

The singer died with more than $500 million in debt.

Janet, Jermaine and Randy Jackson were joined by siblings Tito and Rebbie in a letter leaked last week, calling on Branca and McClain to resign and accusing them of manipulating their mother. The letter also claims that Jackson’s will is invalid.

The estate has denied the accusations, and no challenge to the executors has been filed in court.

It appeared Tuesday that the battles would continue for the near future.

“This is not going to go away,” Randy Jackson predicted.

___

Anthony McCartney can be reached at http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP.