- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
Piven to star as US founder of UK’s Selfridges
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Jeremy Piven, who played uber-Hollywood agent Ari Gold on the series "Entourage," is moving uptown to PBS' "Masterpiece."
"Masterpiece" executive producer Rebecca Eaton said Wednesday that Piven will star in the drama series "Mr. Selfridge," about the flamboyant American who founded the British department store Selfridges.
The series' creator is Emmy Award-winning writer Andrew Davies, whose TV credits include "Pride and Prejudice" and "Bleak House."
"Mr. Selfridge" will air as part of WGBH Boston's "Masterpiece" showcase in 2013.
The series is a co-production of "Masterpiece" and ITV Studios, which also are teaming on new episodes of popular PBS mystery series including the Inspector Morse prequel "Endeavor," "Miss Marple" and "Inspector Lewis."
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.