- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Who will ambassadors around D.C. be rooting for in London Olympics?
Question of the Day
Israel: Ambassador Dr. Michael B. Oren
“I will be rooting for Israel in these London Games. This is the 60th anniversary of an Israeli Olympic presence, as well as our 15th appearance at the games. This year, we have close to 40 Olympians, with a strong female presence, participating in 18 events, including rhythmic gymnastics, tennis, shooting, swimming, sailing, and our best sport, judo. In fact, the first Israeli Olympic medal was won by female athlete Yael Arad in 1992, when she received the silver medal for judo. We look forward to seeing our competitors stand on the podium receiving medals in London. It brings us great pride and joy to see so many talented and driven athletes representing our tiny country.”
Mexico: Ambassador Arturo Sarukhan
“I am of course rooting for Team Mexico and for every single athlete in our national delegation, who I know will give their all in their respective competitions.There are several athletes that might get to the podium, but our best shots are probably Paola Espinosa in the diving competition, Maria Espinoza in taekwondo and there are a couple of other good possibilities in boxing, athletics, as well as our male soccer team.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world