- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Wyoming gas plant explosion sends entire town fleeing
- Aborted fetuses from British Columbia incinerated in Oregon plant to make electricity
- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
- 3 Americans dead in shooting at Kabul hospital by Afghan guard
- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
Billie Joe Armstrong: Green Day singer joins NBC’s ‘Voice’ as mentor
LOS ANGELES — NBC’s “The Voice” is adding a high-powered rocker to the mix.
In a statement, Armstrong said he and his family are fans of the show.
“The Voice” has won over viewers because “it’s not molding artists, it’s just giving them a little bit of guidance and direction without giving them a complete makeover,” he said.
As the talent contest field grows more crowded, shows are competing for big-name music stars. “American Idol” is adding Mariah Carey as a judge, and “The X Factor” signed Britney Spears and Demi Lovato.
“The Voice” returns Sept. 10.
That’s good timing for Green Day: The band has three albums coming out in quick succession, with the first, “Uno!”, to be released Sept. 25.
In addition to Aguilera, the show’s coaches include Cee-Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton. Carson Daly is the host.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- In the company of a saint: Catholic Church will canonize Pope John Paul and Pope John XXIII
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- NAPOLITANO: A legal way to kill?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014