- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Jogger attacked and sexually assaulted near Georgetown
Question of the Day
A female jogger was sexually assaulted on a trail in the Georgetown area by a man who put her in a chokehold, causing her to lose consciousness on Wednesday night, authorities said.
U.S. Park Police said the assault occurred on the Capital Crescent Trail north of Three Sisters Islands about 9:15 p.m. The woman was attacked from behind and awoke as the man was sexually assaulting her, according to police.
The woman screamed and the man fled on foot toward Fletcher’s Boat House.
No weapons were used in the assault, according to police.
Police described the suspect as between five feet eight inches to five feet 11 inches tall and weighing between 180 and 200 pounds. He has a muscular build, dreadlocks three to four inches long and a light scruffy beard, police said.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
How does our 50th state view D.C. politics?
White House pets gone wild!