- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
2 South Koreans arrested over cellphone hacking
SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (AP) - South Korean police say they have arrested two men who allegedly stole the personal information of about 8 million cellphone customers in one of the country’s biggest hacking schemes.
Police said in a statement Sunday that the two men developed a hacking program and stole the names, residential registration numbers and phone contract details of customers of mobile carrier KT Corp.
Police said the two made about $877,000 by selling the information to telemarketing companies which subsequently used the details to contact customers to solicit them to switch to other mobile operators.
They said seven other people who allegedly bought and distributed the hacking program and the stolen personal data have also been booked without physical detention.
KT Corp. wasn’t immediately available for comment Sunday.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.