- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Colo. shooting case shifts focus to race for DA, death penalty
Question of the Day
Adding to the time frame is the question of Mr. Holmes‘ mental stability. Legal analysts say they expect attorneys for Mr. Holmes to request a mental health evaluation to determine whether he is competent to stand trial.
Doubts about Mr. Holmes‘ stability were raised Friday when his attorneys noted in a motion that he was treated by a psychiatrist at the University of Colorado, where he was a first-year graduate student in neuroscience.
The motion was made in response to leaks to news media about a notebook mailed by Mr. Holmes to the psychiatrist, Dr. Lynne Fenton. The director of the university’s student mental health service, Dr. Fenton, was reprimanded by the Colorado Board of Medical Examiners in 2005 for prescribing medication to herself, her husband and an employee, according to documents obtained by KMGH-TV in Denver.
District Court Judge William Sylvester is expected to rule Monday on whether the notebook should be turned over to the defense. Prosecutors argue that it should remain under seal.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Valerie Richardson covers politics and the West from Denver. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- EPA hears testimony on proposed carbon emissions rules
- Westerners call for oversight to combat federal land managers
- Protesters rally in Colorado to support Israel's fight with Hamas
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world