- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
London 2012: U.S. tops Montenegro in men’s water polo
Question of the Day
Andrija Prlainovic scored five times to lead a relentless Serbian attack, while in the back goalkeeper Slobodan Sporo made a string of big saves to deny the Hungarians.
Hungary came into the London Games riding a 17-match Olympic unbeaten streak dating back to the 2000 Sydney Games.
In Group A, Croatia used a late surge to pull away for an 8-6 win over Greece, Spain scored an easy 14-6 victory over Kazakhstan behind five goals from Filipe Perrone Rocha, and Alex Giorgetti scored twice to lead 2011 world champion Italy past Australia 8-5.
The 12-team field is broken down into two groups of six for the preliminary stage, and the top four teams from each group advance to the knockout round.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq