- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Central American leaders: I need help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
Judge to let Arizona’s abortion ban take effect
Question of the Day
PHOENIX (AP) - A federal judge is allowing Arizona's new ban on abortions starting at 20 weeks of pregnancy to take effect.
U.S. District Judge James Teilborg ruled Monday that the law doesn't impose substantial limits on abortions and that the state showed a legitimate interest in imposing the limits.
The ban is to take effect Thursday. It prohibits abortions starting at 20 weeks of pregnancy except in medical emergencies. That's a change from the current ban at viability, which is the ability to survive outside the womb and which is about 24 weeks.
Teilborg held a hearing Wednesday on a request from abortion-rights groups that he temporarily block enforcement.
Arizona is among 10 states that have enacted types of 20-week bans. Republican Gov. Jan Brewer signed the measure into law in April.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq