- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bachmann on the right track
U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, Minnesota Republican, has been accused by the political left of using wrongful and unfair tactics against Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's longtime aid, Huma Abedin, in suggesting Ms. Abedin has ties to terrorist groups ("The company they keep," Commentary, July 17).
Mrs. Bachmann's allegations regarding high-level federal government ties to radical Islam mean that the thrust of her concerns are certainly headed in the right direction. Our federal government under President Obama has been bowing down where radical Islamic interests are concerned and yielding to these interests in the name of political correctness. A serious and dangerous trend is unfolding, to be sure.
Giant strides are being made by the purveyors of Islamist values and beliefs to infiltrate and influence both U.S. government policy and American cultural values. There is great danger that America's freedoms, values and laws will be impacted by those possessing ties to radical Islamic interests. Specifically, the Muslim Brotherhood and the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) are two organizations that are infiltrating and gaining influence at the highest levels of American government.
Mrs. Bachmann has good reason to be concerned, as should all of us. These same organizations have different faces, as we are learning. They are cunning, patient and sophisticated. They are adept at using the American legal and political systems to leverage their unrelenting campaign to elevate radical Islam and Shariah law. Their plan is to inculcate these values into American society, where they will undermine American traditions, values and laws.
Make no mistake, these people have one long-term goal in mind. It is for Shariah to rule America.
North Las Vegas, Nev.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Xbox One, Playstation 4 games penalize users for cursing in their own homes
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Young and healthy millennials create risky imbalance by shunning Obamacare
- Obama: Growing income inequality 'defining challenge' of this generation
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare