- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
Braves acquire Maholm, Johnson from Cubs
Question of the Day
Braves general manager Frank Wren confirmed the team traded right-handed pitchers Arodys Vizcaino, a top prospect who had season-ending Tommy John surgery in April, and Jaye Chapman to the Cubs. The Braves also got cash in the deal.
With the trade deadline looming Tuesday afternoon, the Cubs figured to keep busy.
“He came out of the game and said goodbye,” Cubs backup catcher Steve Clevenger said. “Everybody said he was traded and we went on from there.”
“As the deadline gets closer, people’s positions become more clear. I think it will be busy tonight and I think it will be busy in the morning,” Hoyer said.
“There will be a lot of calls. Whether we’re going to make other deals, we’ll see. But I know there will be a lot of phone calls,” he said. “I don’t think tonight is going to be one with a lot of sleep.”
“We want to put ourselves in a good position to win the division, not just make the playoffs,” Wren said.
“We were looking for a starter, a quality starter that could give us the kind of production we needed up and down the rotation.”
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq