- Eric Holder: ‘Racial animus’ fuels opposition to Obama and me
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl to return to active duty at Fort Sam Houston
- Israel says it’s downed drone along southern coast
- Despite offensive, Gaza rockets still hit Israel
- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
Economy Briefs: AIG wants $30.2 million in tax interest
Question of the Day
“If they did care, we’d have 100 percent of the (U.S.) market,” the new boss, who took up his post on June 26, told journalists in London.
Boeing produces all of its aircraft in the U.S., where it holds 80 percent market share. Airbus has plants in Toulouse, Hamburg and in Tianjin, China.
Italian leader blasts bailout-critical countries
AIX-EN-PROVENCE, France | Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti on Sunday slammed unnamed European Union states for undermining the “credibility” of the eurozone and urged rapid action on an agreed strategy for resolving the debt crisis. After a new surge in borrowing rates for Italy and Spain, Mr. Monti denounced some “northern” countries in an apparent reference to Finland and the Netherlands, which publicly questioned some decisions reached at last month’s EU summit.
The Eurogroup of eurozone finance ministers will meet in Brussels on Monday and again on July 20, following the watershed EU summit that promised fresh capital for Spain’s struggling banks, a European bank union to keep lenders in line and making it easier for the bloc’s new bailout fund to help states in trouble.
• From wire dispatches and staff reports
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Emeryville, Calif., police chief: Guns aren't for defense
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi formerly a U.S. captive
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- Obama's 'blank check' rejected as border solution
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs