- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Williams hopes Wimbledon title is only beginning
Question of the Day
But age hasn’t slowed her down so far. And if she stays healthy, Williams could soon match Navratilova’s total of 18 Grand Slam titles as well. Or why not the 22 that Steffi Graf won?
Williams isn’t setting any targets, though.
“I just think, the next one. If that doesn’t work out, the next one,” Williams said. “Even when I started I never had a number in mind. I remember when I reached eight, I was like `Oh my god, I have eight Grand Slams, how did this happen?’ And now I have 14, which is unbelievable. I’m happy that I’m no longer saying 13.”
So after all this, what else does she want to win?
“Are you kidding?” she said. “The U.S. Open, the Australian Open, the French Open, Wimbledon 2013.”
If she stays healthy, it all looks within reach.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world