- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama’s incumbency problem
In the Democratic primary elections of Oklahoma, West Virginia, Kentucky and Arkansas, President Obama failed to get even 60 percent of Democrats to support his bid for re-election. That is just embarrassing for an incumbent president.
What is the problem? I suspect that many Democrats now know who and what Mr. Obama is - and they don’t like it. He is definitely not like John F. Kennedy, Hubert Humphrey or “Scoop” Jackson. Each of those Democrats supported the right to life, a strong national defense and a respect for Americans’ constitutional rights. Mr. Obama does not.
The president has supported both funding and federal rules changes to support the abortion industry’s special interests. He has pushed for weakening America’s ability to defend itself and its national interests. He has used health care reform to write federal rules that ignore the First Amendment’s freedom of religion for those who, for religious reasons, oppose euthanasia, abortion and other objectionable practices.
I am a Democrat, but I do not support Mr. Obama. I predict that in November, millions of Democrats will enter and exit a voting booth without having voted for him. After three years of learning who and what Mr. Obama really is, people just don’t trust him.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
Get Breaking Alerts
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Probe Boston teen's medical, custody case
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support a modern-day Tiananmen protest
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An honorable president would resign
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable