- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama’s incumbency problem
Question of the Day
In the Democratic primary elections of Oklahoma, West Virginia, Kentucky and Arkansas, President Obama failed to get even 60 percent of Democrats to support his bid for re-election. That is just embarrassing for an incumbent president.
What is the problem? I suspect that many Democrats now know who and what Mr. Obama is - and they don’t like it. He is definitely not like John F. Kennedy, Hubert Humphrey or “Scoop” Jackson. Each of those Democrats supported the right to life, a strong national defense and a respect for Americans’ constitutional rights. Mr. Obama does not.
The president has supported both funding and federal rules changes to support the abortion industry’s special interests. He has pushed for weakening America’s ability to defend itself and its national interests. He has used health care reform to write federal rules that ignore the First Amendment’s freedom of religion for those who, for religious reasons, oppose euthanasia, abortion and other objectionable practices.
I am a Democrat, but I do not support Mr. Obama. I predict that in November, millions of Democrats will enter and exit a voting booth without having voted for him. After three years of learning who and what Mr. Obama really is, people just don’t trust him.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics