- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama’s incumbency problem
Question of the Day
In the Democratic primary elections of Oklahoma, West Virginia, Kentucky and Arkansas, President Obama failed to get even 60 percent of Democrats to support his bid for re-election. That is just embarrassing for an incumbent president.
What is the problem? I suspect that many Democrats now know who and what Mr. Obama is - and they don’t like it. He is definitely not like John F. Kennedy, Hubert Humphrey or “Scoop” Jackson. Each of those Democrats supported the right to life, a strong national defense and a respect for Americans’ constitutional rights. Mr. Obama does not.
The president has supported both funding and federal rules changes to support the abortion industry’s special interests. He has pushed for weakening America’s ability to defend itself and its national interests. He has used health care reform to write federal rules that ignore the First Amendment’s freedom of religion for those who, for religious reasons, oppose euthanasia, abortion and other objectionable practices.
I am a Democrat, but I do not support Mr. Obama. I predict that in November, millions of Democrats will enter and exit a voting booth without having voted for him. After three years of learning who and what Mr. Obama really is, people just don’t trust him.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
Get Breaking Alerts
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals