- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama’s incumbency problem
In the Democratic primary elections of Oklahoma, West Virginia, Kentucky and Arkansas, President Obama failed to get even 60 percent of Democrats to support his bid for re-election. That is just embarrassing for an incumbent president.
What is the problem? I suspect that many Democrats now know who and what Mr. Obama is - and they don’t like it. He is definitely not like John F. Kennedy, Hubert Humphrey or “Scoop” Jackson. Each of those Democrats supported the right to life, a strong national defense and a respect for Americans’ constitutional rights. Mr. Obama does not.
The president has supported both funding and federal rules changes to support the abortion industry’s special interests. He has pushed for weakening America’s ability to defend itself and its national interests. He has used health care reform to write federal rules that ignore the First Amendment’s freedom of religion for those who, for religious reasons, oppose euthanasia, abortion and other objectionable practices.
I am a Democrat, but I do not support Mr. Obama. I predict that in November, millions of Democrats will enter and exit a voting booth without having voted for him. After three years of learning who and what Mr. Obama really is, people just don’t trust him.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Get Breaking Alerts
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow