- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Ohio bus driver drops lawsuit against Matthew Fox
CLEVELAND (AP) - A private bus driver in Ohio who claimed she was punched by Matthew Fox has withdrawn her lawsuit against the actor.
Heather Bormann sued the former star of TV's "Lost" in November, seeking $75,000 in damages. Fox countersued, claiming the Cleveland woman assaulted and slandered him. Court records show both suits were dropped Thursday.
Bormann had alleged Fox struck her in the breast, groin, arm and legs after she stopped him from boarding a chartered party bus on Aug. 28, 2011, in Cleveland. She says she hit him in self-defense. Fox was in town making a movie and wasn't charged.
Bormann's former attorney says the woman could not afford to continue the case.
Fox's attorneys referred calls to the actor's spokeswoman, who did not immediately respond to email messages.
TWT Video Picks
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We completely overhauled American health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
- Crimea votes in favor of secession, U.S. rejects
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Trust me: Obama promises new overtime rules will be 'easier for everyone'
- McCaul offers scenario where missing Malaysian jet lands in hostile country to be use as missile
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014