You are currently viewing the printable version of this article, to return to the normal page, please click here.

Rams’ proposal to upgrade dome rejected

- Associated Press - Friday, June 1, 2012

ST. LOUIS (AP) - The agency that operates the Edward Jones Dome has rejected an improvement plan proposed by the St. Louis Rams.

The St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission announced in a brief statement on Friday that it has rejected the proposal submitted by the NFL team last month. The commission says it hopes to engage the Rams in dialogue over the next two weeks.

Arbitration begins if no agreement is reached by June 15.

The lease between the commission and the Rams requires that the dome be among the top quarter of all NFL stadiums. It submitted a proposal for $124 million in improvements in February. The Rams' counterproposal did not have a price tag but city officials said it would cost about $700 million.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.