- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
EURO 2012 LIVE: Ireland vs. Croatia
Question of the Day
Here is a running account of Sunday’s action. All times are local to Poland.
2244: This match had a make-or-break feel to it for these two teams and it’s gone the Croatians’ way. They have Italy next in Poznan on Thursday. Ireland meets Spain in Gdansk and will need to sort things out very quickly if it is going to get out of a very tough group.
2233: We’re into the first of five minutes of stoppage time.
2228: Ireland nearly pulls one back to make the last few minutes interesting. Duff turns down the right and gets the ball onto his left foot. He delivers quickly and Keith Andrews gets away a header that is comfortably saved by Pletikose. Pretty route-one stuff from Trapattoni’s men tonight. Their two remaining matches? Spain and Italy. Enough said.
2222: Keane is off for Ireland, replaced by Shane Long. 15 minutes left and Ireland looks a beaten side. Croatia goes close to increasing its lead, with Rakitic’s curler nearly making it 4-1. Given wouldn’t have stopped that it had gone inside the far post.
2215: Bilic looks very unmanagerlike in his woolly hat there on the sidelines. He won’t care _ his team’s about to go top of Group C. Croatia is holding off a limited Ireland side quite comfortably at the moment.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors