- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
EURO 2012 LIVE: Ireland vs. Croatia
Here is a running account of Sunday’s action. All times are local to Poland.
2244: This match had a make-or-break feel to it for these two teams and it’s gone the Croatians’ way. They have Italy next in Poznan on Thursday. Ireland meets Spain in Gdansk and will need to sort things out very quickly if it is going to get out of a very tough group.
2233: We’re into the first of five minutes of stoppage time.
2228: Ireland nearly pulls one back to make the last few minutes interesting. Duff turns down the right and gets the ball onto his left foot. He delivers quickly and Keith Andrews gets away a header that is comfortably saved by Pletikose. Pretty route-one stuff from Trapattoni’s men tonight. Their two remaining matches? Spain and Italy. Enough said.
2222: Keane is off for Ireland, replaced by Shane Long. 15 minutes left and Ireland looks a beaten side. Croatia goes close to increasing its lead, with Rakitic’s curler nearly making it 4-1. Given wouldn’t have stopped that it had gone inside the far post.
2215: Bilic looks very unmanagerlike in his woolly hat there on the sidelines. He won’t care _ his team’s about to go top of Group C. Croatia is holding off a limited Ireland side quite comfortably at the moment.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- ORTEL: Putin sees opportunities as Obama turns away
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan affirmative action ban
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Bonuses given to IRS employes who owed back taxes
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.