- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
EURO 2012 LIVE: Ireland vs. Croatia
Here is a running account of Sunday’s action. All times are local to Poland.
2244: This match had a make-or-break feel to it for these two teams and it’s gone the Croatians’ way. They have Italy next in Poznan on Thursday. Ireland meets Spain in Gdansk and will need to sort things out very quickly if it is going to get out of a very tough group.
2233: We’re into the first of five minutes of stoppage time.
2228: Ireland nearly pulls one back to make the last few minutes interesting. Duff turns down the right and gets the ball onto his left foot. He delivers quickly and Keith Andrews gets away a header that is comfortably saved by Pletikose. Pretty route-one stuff from Trapattoni’s men tonight. Their two remaining matches? Spain and Italy. Enough said.
2222: Keane is off for Ireland, replaced by Shane Long. 15 minutes left and Ireland looks a beaten side. Croatia goes close to increasing its lead, with Rakitic’s curler nearly making it 4-1. Given wouldn’t have stopped that it had gone inside the far post.
2215: Bilic looks very unmanagerlike in his woolly hat there on the sidelines. He won’t care _ his team’s about to go top of Group C. Croatia is holding off a limited Ireland side quite comfortably at the moment.
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: I do
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
White House pets gone wild!