- U.N. Human Rights head accuses Israel of war crimes
- CBP Commissioner: Border is ‘more secure and more safe’
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: ‘Emergency plan’ launched
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
EURO 2012 LIVE: Spain vs. Italy
Question of the Day
Here is a running account of Sunday’s action. All times are local to Poland.
1956: Both teams had chances to win it in injury time. First, Marchisio shoots at Casillas, then Xabi Alonso drives an effort wide from the edge of the area. Spain, which had 18 attempts on goal, will be left wondering what could have been had record goalscorer David Villa been fit.
1946: We’re into injury time. There’s three minutes of stoppage time.
1942: Great chance for Torres! He plays a one-two with Xavi and is running in on goal. Buffon is quickly off his line and Torres takes a touch to steady himself before lifting the ball over Buffon … and over the bar. He would have scored that for fun a couple of years ago. In his last appearance at a European Championship, he scored the winning goal in a 1-0 win over Germany in Vienna. How things have changed for the 50 million pounds ($81 million) Chelsea striker.
1939: It’s a tense atmosphere in Gdansk _ and this is only the first group match, remember! Italy vs. Croatia coming up in Group C soon. Torres is booked for elbowing De Rossi, who has done a fine job at center back with a blur of nimble players flitting around in front of him.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Hezbollah in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: 'Emergency plan' launched
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- CROWLEY: The good-time president
- EDITORIAL: Poor Hillary, rock-star wannabe
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq