- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Man who drove into downtown building appearing in court Monday
Question of the Day
The New Market, Md., man who drove his gasoline-soaked SUV into a downtown building and attempted to set it on fire will appear in court on Monday on a charge of assault with intent to kill.
According to reports, at about 7:30 p.m. Friday, a Jeep driven by Charles Ball, 32, crashed into the lobby of a downtown office building in the 1000 block of Connecticut Avenue Northwest. Mr. Ball exited the car and attempted to flick on a lighter before he was arrested by police.
Mr. Ball initially faced multiple charges for arson, destruction of property and unauthorized use of a vehicle.
Mr. Ball is listed on the Maryland Sex Offenders Registry for a 2008 conviction of a third-degree sex offense.
Maryland court documents show Mr. Ball also has previous charges of speeding, driving without a license and fleeing an officer on foot. There is also a domestic violence charge against Mr. Ball, filed in Frederick County the same day as the crash.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teen girl exorcised by priest, sends demonic text messages in response
- Obama nominates Rabbi David Saperstein as ambassador for religious freedom
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- No official word yet on Pope Francis visit: Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- Higher Ground: War no deterrent
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Senate overcomes first filibuster of Obama's border-spending bill
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world