- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Taking Names: Bieber’s free concert in Mexico might outdraw McCartney’s
Question of the Day
The Bieber might outdraw the Beatle. That’s what Mexico City officials are saying as they prepare for Monday’s free concert by teen star Justin Bieber.
Paul McCartney’s May 10 concert in Mexico City’s central plaza attracted some 200,000 people and city Tourism Secretary Carlos Mackinlay said organizers expect “a little more” for the Bieber event.
Officials are planning elaborate security arrangements for the event, with nearly 6,000 police officers, two helicopters, 500 portable toilets and four rings of barriers. Checkpoints will limit the crowd in the plaza to about 80,000, with other fans directed to watch the concert on giant screens erected on neighboring streets.
Tom and Ray Magliozzi said Friday that they will stop making new episodes of their comic auto advice show at the end of September, 25 years after “Car Talk” began in Boston. The show airs every Saturday morning and is National Public Radio’s most popular program.
Older brother Tom is 74 years old and the brothers say it’s time to stop and smell the cappuccino.
‘Star Trek’ actors tapped for new video game
The actors who played Capt. James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock in the 2009 film reboot of “Star Trek” will give voice to those characters in a video game based on the beloved science-fiction franchise.
Paramount Pictures and game publisher Namco Bandai Games America Inc. announced last week that Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto will reprise their roles from the “Star Trek” film directed by J.J. Abrams.
“We are thrilled to have these incredible actors lending their voice to the legendary characters of Kirk and Spock in the video game realm,” said LeeAnne Stables, head of Paramount’s video-game unit. “Players are in for a truly authentic experience.”
The “Star Trek” video game is scheduled for release early next year, with versions tailored for play on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles as well as on personal computers powered by Windows software.
An original storyline for the game was being created by Marianne Krawczyk, a writer known for her work on the hit “God of War” video-game franchise, and people working on an upcoming “Star Trek” film, according to Paramount.
Jane Fonda doesn’t take Cannes glamour too seriously
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- ORTEL: Note to Janet Yellen: The American bubble is popping
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq