- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
APPLE LIVE: Map app, Facebook integration at Apple
Among the features:
_ A new Messages app, copied from Apple’s mobile operating system, will replace iChat.
_ Mountain Lion will be integrated with iCloud, the new Internet storage service designed for the mobile devices.
_ The software will bring dictation to Mac computers, essentially allowing you to type as you talk.
Apple announces a next-generation MacBook Pro model that is less than an inch thick while closed _ about as thin as the MacBook Air. It will have a sharper display, akin to what the iPhone and the iPad now have.
Phil Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of worldwide marketing, calls it “the most amazing computer we have ever made.”
The “next-generation” model will have a 15.4-inch diagonal display. It will have processors from Intel Corp. and Nvidia Corp. and promises up to 7 hours of battery life.
The other models announced earlier Monday are largely updates to current models with more memory and better processors. The older models won’t sport the sharper “Retina Display” feature of Apple’s newer devices.
The “next-generation” model will be 0.71 inch thick, compared with 0.95 inches for the updated models. The weight of the new model is 4.46 pounds.
The new model will start at $2,199 and will start shipping Monday.
Schiller appears on stage to discuss changes to the company’s lineup of MacBook laptop computers.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.