- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
EURO 2012 LIVE: France vs. England
Question of the Day
1842: Joe Hart makes a superb reflex save from Alou Diarra’s header but he is beaten moments later _ and maybe could have done better. Franck Ribery plays the ball to Samir Nasri, who knocks the ball onto his right foot before letting fly with a shot identical to the one that was inches wide of goal earlier in the half, except this time it sneaks inside Hart’s near post. That’s two scorers from English champion Manchester City.
1832: Steven Gerrard whips a free kick into the area and Joleon Lescott is first to reach the ball, directing his header into the back of the net from close range to give England the lead after 30 minutes.
1829: FRANCE 0, ENGLAND 1 (Lescott)
1823: Welbeck is down holding his ankle and looks in pain. He goes up for a header with Adil Rami, who accidentally lands on the England player’s left ankle. That looked painful. Welbeck had an injury to his ankle in the run-up to the tournament but will be OK to play on, it seems.
1818: James Milner misses a great chance to give England the lead. Young plays him through one-on-one with Lloris and he rounds him with his first touch but takes the ball a fraction too far wide. He has an open goal to aim at, but hits the side-netting from an acute angle. He slams his fist on the ground in frustration. Best chance of the game so far.
1814: France has started the stronger. Terry intervenes to keep Benzema at bay before Nasri shoots just wide minutes later. England goalkeeper Joe Hart also fails to hold a relatively routine catch from a corner. Early nerves?
It's yet another example of his lack of transparency
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly cancelled
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Costco to re-stock Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' after public outry
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- CARSON: Health savings accounts far better than Obamacare
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- Dinesh D'Souza book yanked from Costco shelves
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener