- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Heads-up play lifts Ukraine over Sweden
England, France tie 1-1 in Group D
England appeared to tire more in energy-sapping heat, and has never won its first match at a European Championship in six tries.
Polish media fired up anti-Russian feeling Monday by reminding readers of Poland’s victorious 1920 battle against the Bolshevik Army, known as “the miracle on the Vistula,” referring to the river.
The Super Express tabloid carried a front page featuring Poland coach Franciszek Smuda charging on horseback, saber in hand, in a 1920 Polish army uniform under the headline “Faith, Hope, Smuda” — a play on an old Polish army motto: “Faith, Home, Motherland.”
The match in Warsaw falls on the Russia Day national holiday, and up to 10,000 fans will march from the city center to the stadium.
“There should not be any political themes there,” Sergei Fursenko, Russia’s football federation president, said on Russian state TV.
A group of Russians made a friendship gesture Monday by placing flowers at a monument to the ill-fated Warsaw Uprising against Nazi German occupiers in 1944. The fans also laid flowers at a cemetery to Red Army troops killed driving the Germans from the city in January 1945.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back vs. phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.