- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
Accuser: Sandusky threatened me after assault
BELLEFONTE, Pa. (AP) — Jerry Sandusky pinned down a foster child and performed oral sex on him, threatened to keep him from seeing his family if he reported what happened, and then later told him he loved him, the accuser testified Wednesday.
The man, now 25 and called Victim 10 by prosecutors, told jurors Sandusky assaulted him in the basement of the former Penn State assistant football coach’s State College home in the late 1990s, then threatened to keep him away from his biological family.
“He told me that if I ever told anyone that I’d never see my family again,” the accuser testified, adding that he believed Sandusky’s wife, Dottie, was home at the time.
Later, Sandusky offered a more conciliatory tone.
“He apologized for saying that,” the witness said. “He told me he didn’t mean it and that he loved me.”
The man said Sandusky also assaulted him on other occasions in 1998 and 1999, including once at a pool and another time in the same basement that involved mutual oral sex. He said he was about 11 years old at time of the alleged assaults.
The alleged victim is one of two who came forward after Sandusky was initially charged in November with assaulting eight boys. Sandusky is on trial on 52 criminal counts involving alleged assaults over a 15-year span.
Under cross-examination, the man testified that he was the roommate of another Sandusky accuser at a camp sponsored by Sandusky’s charity, the Second Mile.
The alleged victim also acknowledged having spent nearly two years in state prison for a robbery and involvement with drugs and alcohol, but said he was doing better now.
“I’m married. I’m expecting” a child, he said.
Another man, identified by prosecutors as Victim 7, told jurors that Sandusky showered with him repeatedly and embraced him during sleepovers after he met the then-coach through his charity in 1995, when the witness was 10 years old.
Sandusky was “wrapping himself around me, holding me tightly” when he slept over at his house, the 27-year-old man said.
That contact with a sometimes-shirtless Sandusky has given the man an aversion to chest hair, said the accuser, who also described Sandusky touching him beneath his shorts and pants.
The man recalled attending Penn State games with Sandusky’s family and receiving free tickets from Sandusky as recently as 2009.
“I wanted to go to games; I tried to block that stuff out and focus on the positives,” he said.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.