- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Bomb threat closes Fairfax County Courthouse
Question of the Day
The Fairfax County Courthouse closed Wednesday morning because of a bomb threat.
Fairfax County public information officer Steve Eldert said a bomb threat was received by phone at 9:30 a.m. and the building was evacuated a few minutes later.
“The closing is in an abundance of caution,” said Merni Fitzgerald, director of public affairs for Fairfax County. She said that public safety personnel responded to the scene.
Mr. Eldert said that a search was done throughout the building, and no bomb was found.
The county is actively investigating the source of the phone call.
All hearings scheduled for Wednesday in the circuit, district and juvenile and domestic courts were canceled and will be rescheduled.
The Wednesday afternoon ceremony scheduled for juvenile drivers license holders was canceled and will be rescheduled.
All juvenile intake services were relocated to the Juvenile Detention Center.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Veteran with concealed weapon turns tables on Chicago gunman
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs