- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
EURO 2012 LIVE: Italy vs. Croatia
Here is a running account of Thursday’s action. All times are local to Poland.
Spain: Casillas, Arbeloa, Ramos, Pique, Alba, Busquets, Alonso, Silva, Xavi, Iniesta, Torres. Substitutes: Valdes, Reina, Albiol, Martinez, Juanfran, Pedro, Fabregas, Negredo, Mata, Llorente, Cazorla, Navas.
1956: Mandzukic was carried off on a stretcher just before the final whistle with a left leg injury. That will be a worry for Croatia coach Slaven Bilic ahead of the Spain game on Sunday. A draw was a fair result as Croatia maintains its unbeaten record against Italy. The 2006 world champions were the better side in the first half but Croatia was dangerous after the interval and could be a dark horse at Euro 2012.
1941: Mandzukic sprints forward down the center with options both side of him. He finds Jelavic on the right, who takes a touch before trying to return it to Mandzukic but his pass is intercepted and cleared. Good chance for Croatia to get a shot away there. Will the team get another? Jelavic is off for Eduardo.
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Inside the Ring: China targeting U.S. spy flights
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- HURT: Postal Service misses address by a whole continent
- Puerto Rico caravan honoring Paul Walker ends in 6 drunken-driving arrests, 72 speeding tickets
- Pentagon may give recruits 'a shot to start over' after shameful social media posts
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Playing Through covers the world of PGA golf, as well as tips your the average golfer to play better.