- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
NYC police investigate Brown-Drake brawl report
NEW YORK (AP) - New York City police investigated a report Thursday of a bar brawl involving hip-hop stars Drake and Chris Brown and their entourages in which bottles flew and five people were injured.
Brown tweeted a photo of himself with a cut chin, then later removed it, as well as other messages about the fight, including epithets and taunts. A representative later released a statement saying Brown, his girlfriend and friends were the victims of a “brutal attack.”
At least five people were injured during the fight at the club W.i.P. (Work in Progress) in Manhattan’s SoHo neighborhood early Thursday, police said. A 25-year-old man suffered a serious cut to the head, two other men and two women suffered minor cuts. At least three were hospitalized.
Police were looking at surveillance footage and talking to patrons who witnessed the melee. No arrests have been made and no complaints filed.
“Chris and his party are cooperating with NY authorities who are pursuing this incident further,” Brown’s representatives wrote in a statement.
A representative for Drake said the star was on his way out of the club when the altercation began.
“He did not engage in any activity which resulted in injury to person or damage to property,” according to the written statement.
Calls to the trendy hotspot, located in a basement near the Holland Tunnel, went unanswered.
Drake was scheduled to perform at Saratoga Springs Performing Arts Center Thursday night in upstate New York.
Brown had a violent relationship with “Umbrella” singer Rihanna and is still on supervised probation for attacking her on the eve of the 2009 Grammy awards, leaving her with a split lip, a black eye and other injuries. Police in Miami are also investigating claims made in March by a 24-year-old woman that Brown snatched her cellphone outside a nightclub when she tried to photograph him.
When Rihanna addressed the assault in an interview with ABC, she said Brown had “no soul in his eyes” and she had no idea how the beating would end. She also warned other women facing domestic violence on the danger of being blinded by love.
However, the two have been on friendly terms for some time. They’ve tweeted each other, with him wishing her a happy birthday. She has also said that she is happy about his success and enjoys his music.
They both performed at this year’s Grammy awards and also recently debuted two songs featuring each other. Brown sings and raps on the remix of Rihanna’s sexually charged song “Birthday Cake,” and she appears on a new version of his upbeat tune “Turn up the Music.”
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.