- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Sony to pay $271M to boost stake in India TV firm
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Sony Corp.'s television subsidiary is boosting its majority stake in Indian pay TV operator Multi Screen Media Private Ltd. for $271 million in cash.
Sony Pictures Television said Thursday it had agreed to buy 32 percent of the shares in the company from Grandway Global Holdings Ltd. and Atlas Equifin Private Ltd. That will boost Sony's stake to over 94 percent.
Multi Screen Media operates television networks in India including the Hindi language entertainment channel Sony Entertainment Television, movie channel Max, music channel Mix and other channels.
The deal is subject to government approval.
Sony agreed to pay $145 million by the close of the acquisition by the end of December. The remaining $126 million is to be paid in three equal installments each year starting in 2013.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.