- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
EURO 2012 LIVE: Sweden 2, England 3
Question of the Day
2230: Ibrahimovic now brings a save from Hart. He lets fly from the edge of the penalty area and it is heading for the far corner, but Hart gets across well to palm it away for a corner, which England clear. Sweden stepping it up a bit in the last few minutes here. Martin Olsson escapes down the left, hits the byline and pulls it back to Kallstrom, who blazes high and wide. Poor effort from the Swede, who really should have tested Joe Hart after a good attacking move and pass.
2222: England are level. Jonas Olsson clears a corner, the ball lands at the feet of Theo Walcott who lets fly with a speculative effort from outside the area and it loops into the net. It was so near to Isaksson, he should have easlily caught the ball as Walcott’s shot was not overly powerful, but he loses his balance, the ball beats him and England reply quickly.
2220: GOAL! SWEDEN 2 ENGLAND 2
2214: GOAL! SWEDEN 2 ENGLAND 1
2204: Ibrahimovic’s free kick hits the wall but the ball ricochets through to Olof Mellberg. He shoots and Hart just gets a touch to it, but the ball finds it way past him. It hits Glen Johnson on its way through and the defender nearly keeps it out but his attempted clearance hits the post and the ball is in. Sweden back on level terms early in the second half.
2150: England in the lead at half time, deservedly so. They have looked far more dangerous in attack, with Sweden relying on Zlatan Ibrahimovic to score for them. Andy Carroll scored a towering header, meeting Steven Gerrard’s superb cross. England will need to make their advantage count in the second half. Kim Kallstrom went closest for Sweden, with a stinging effort from the edge of the area that was just over the bar.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq