- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
EURO 2012 LIVE: Sweden vs. England
Here is a running account of Friday’s action. All times are local to Poland.
2230: Ibrahimovic now brings a save from Hart. He lets fly from the edge of the penalty area and it is heading for the far corner, but Hart gets across well to palm it away for a corner, which England clear. Sweden stepping it up a bit in the last few minutes here. Martin Olsson escapes down the left, hits the byline and pulls it back to Kallstrom, who blazes high and wide. Poor effort from the Swede, who really should have tested Joe Hart after a good attacking move and pass.
2222: England are level. Jonas Olsson clears a corner, the ball lands at the feet of Theo Walcott who lets fly with a speculative effort from outside the area and it loops into the net. It was so near to Isaksson, he should have easlily caught the ball as Walcott’s shot was not overly powerful, but he loses his balance, the ball beats him and England reply quickly.
2220: GOAL! SWEDEN 2 ENGLAND 2
2214: GOAL! SWEDEN 2 ENGLAND 1
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- IRS pays tax cheats hundreds of millions of dollars
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Senators in rush to pass budget vow to undo cut to military retirement pay
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow