- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
EURO 2012 LIVE: Ukraine vs. France
Question of the Day
Here is a running account of Friday’s action. All times are local to Poland.
2055: France wins a game that will be remembered as much for the thunderstorm that suspended play for almost an hour as the action on the pitch. France had much more poise in attack and could have scored more than two goals it got from Jeremy Menez and Yohan Cabaye. France is surely one the title contenders at Euro 2012. The players are out in Kiev for Sweden-England.
2032: Ribery sends a free kick from 25 yards inches over the crossbar as France threatens more goals. Benzema will have to wait a little longer for his first goal at Euro 2012 as he is being taken off for Olivier Giroud. Benzema does not look too happy about that decision. 2-0 to France with around 15 minutes remaining.
2025: England has named its lineup for the match against Sweden. Andy Carroll is in for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in the only change:
England: Joe Hart, Glen Johnson, John Terry, Joleon Lescott, Ashley Cole, Steven Gerrard, Scott Parker, James Milner, Ashley Young, Andy Carroll, Danny Welbeck.
Sweden named its team early in the day:
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq