- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
- Fla. Rep. Alan Grayson’s wife drops restraining order against him
EURO 2012 LIVE: Final Group A matches
2200: I’m afraid Karagounis‘ goal has been the only real bright spot in either match. As I write this, Russia’s denisov lets rip with a 20-yard shot that goes just wide of Petr Cech’s goal. Poland have yet to carve out a chance in the early stages of the second half. Meanwhile in Warsaw, Russia has enjoyed plenty of possession but are finding the Greek defense difficult to break down. Greece looks happy to sit back and defend its 1-0 lead, judging by how it has set out in the second half.
2153: Some of Poland’s tackles are becoming a little agricultural and Scottish referee Mr. Thompson will need to be firm.
2140: The onus is on co host Poland to attack in Wroclaw, as they know they must win to go through. But that last ditch goal from Greece in Warsaw means that as it stands, Greece and Russia both qualify for the knock out stage and both teams at the Municipal Stadium go home. The Czech Republic must score in the second half if things between Russia and Greece stays the same. Russia has been the better side in Warsaw but sloppy defending from Zhirkov sees Greece have the lead at the half time break.
2135: That’s a great finish by the Greece captain Karagounis! Zhirkov, who has done so well going forward, lapses in his defensive duties and Karagounis gets ahead of him on the left of the penalty area to blast a fierce, low drive that arrows past Malafeev and into the far corner. The Russia goalkeeper could have done better. In the other match, Czech Republic and Poland head into the dressing rooms level at 0-0.
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- VIDEO: Emily Miller on Fox Business on Vivec Murthy for surgeon general and smart guns
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- After three days, Redskins finally address defensive needs
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again