- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
EURO 2012 LIVE: Final Group C matches
Question of the Day
WARSAW, POLAND (AP) - Defending champion Spain beat Croatia 1-0 with a late goal, while Italy beat Ireland 2-0 in the final Group C matches at the European Championship. Both teams advanced to the last eight, with the Spanish topping the group.
Here is a running account of Monday’s action. All times are local to Poland.
2245: So Group C has been resolved and Tuesday will see the last two places in the knockout stage of the competition accounted for from Group D. England plays co-host Ukraine while France takes on Sweden, who are already out of the competition. England, Ukraine and France can all still qualify, but Ukraine knows only a win will do and all eyes will be on national idol Andriy Shevchenko to lead the side to victory. The group winner will take on Italy while the runner up will face defending champion Spain.
2242: So Spain goes through as winner of Group C and Italy is the runner up. Italy deserved to win, while Spain was pushed all the way by Croatia, who will look back upon Srna’s missed header as the best chance to have taken something from the game. That was Bilic’s last match taking charge of the Croatian national team.
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Our Choice: Individual responsibility and self-government or the abandonment of the American Revolution
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow