- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
EURO 2012 LIVE: Final Group C matches
Question of the Day
2154: Great move from the Italians and it nearly ends with Cassano scoring his second goal of the game. He exchanges passes with Balzaretti and aims low but Dunne is there for Ireland to get the block in. Positive start to the second half from Italy.
2149: Both games are underway again. Top spot is up for grabs and, if results remain this way, Italy will be group winner.
2140: In Gdansk it has been a quiet game, with Croatia proving very difficult for Spain to break down. Slaven Bilic’s side has offered virtually nothing offensively, but in defense has nullified the attacking poise of Torres, Silva and Iniesta. Torres has looked sharp after scoring twice against Ireland but no players have shone for the defending champion so far. In Poznan, the Italians lead at the break but Ireland has shown enough for it to believe it could still get something from this match. They have looked able to cause problems when they have got forward but lost their way as the first half progressed. As things stand, Italy is top of the group.
2125: Moments after Di Natale had a penalty shout turned away by the referee, his strike partner gives Italy the lead. Cassano scores with a glancing, near-post header from a corner by Pirlo. Duff, who was on the post, kicked the ball clear but it had already crossed the line. As it stands, Italy is top of the group and Spain is second.
2117: CROATIA VS. SPAIN: Torres has continued his lively form from the Ireland game, weaving into the penalty area on the right before shooting from an acute angle, forcing a save from Pletikosa. Sergio Ramos then brings a stop from the Croatia goalkeeper with a long-range effort. Spain is stepping it up a bit.
2110: ITALY VS. IRELAND: The already-eliminated Irish are enjoying their fair share of possession in the opening 20 minutes in Poznan. They do seem to be playing with a lot more freedom than was seen in their opening two matches and they are unbeaten in three fixtures against Italy under their Italian coach, Giovanni Trapattoni.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq