- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Gray excused from jury duty
Question of the Day
District of Columbia Mayor Vincent Gray was excused from jury duty Monday after pre-trial questioning at D.C. Superior Court.
Mr. Gray worked from the courthouse in the morning and returned to the Wilson Building after his release from the pool, executive office spokeswoman Doxie McCoy said. At the courthouse, the mayor’s security detail performed their typical duties.
He was also summoned for jury duty while chairman of the council, but did not serve then either, she said.
Between 900 and 1,000 city residents appear for jury duty every week, although not all are selected for a case, Leah Gurowitz, D.C. Court spokeswoman said. They receive summons six to eight weeks in advance.
In January, former D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty was also called for and released from jury duty.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world