- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
2 guilds scrutinize Lohan TV film production
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Two Hollywood unions were scrutinizing worker safety and welfare on Lindsay Lohan’s TV movie “Liz & Dick” after the actress tweeted that she was exhausted because of long production days.
The Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists confirmed its representatives visited the production. It said it “will continue to visit” to enforce guild rules.
“We have spoken with representatives from the company, and they are fully aware of their contractual obligations. We will ensure that all applicable penalties will be paid,” the guild said in a statement.
SAG-AFTRA would not elaborate, spokeswoman Pamela Greenwalt said.
IATSE, the stage employees union, also was examining production conditions, including the crew’s work hours, a person familiar with the review said. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the person lacked authorization to discuss the issue publicly.
A SAG-AFTRA representative “was totally fine with everything” she found during shooting Tuesday at a Los Angeles estate, Thompson said in a statement. He was told there had been no complaints from guild members and that the visit was prompted by “tweets and comments in the media,” he said.
Lohan was treated last week by paramedics for exhaustion and dehydration. She posted on Twitter: “Note to self… After working 85hours in 4days, and being up all night shooting, be very aware that you might pass out from exhaustion & . 7 paramedics MIGHT show up.”
News reports that two crew members also sought treatment for exhaustion were incorrect, said Stan Rosenfield, Thompson’s spokesman.
“Liz & Dick,” about the romance of Taylor and Richard Burton, is expected to wrap principal photography at the end of June after about four weeks of shooting at Southern California locations standing in for Europe.
Filming has been rocky for Lohan. She was involved in a June 8 car crash on her way to the set but resumed shooting later that day.
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- White House touts leadership in handling of crisis in Ukraine, despite lack of results
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again