- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
- ‘127 Hours’ author Aron Lee Ralston, who amputated arm in canyon, arrested in Denver
- Men posing as cops break into home of former deputy
- Berkshire County eschews greenback for own currency — BerkShares
- Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests
- Florida authorities ban autistic boy from owning therapeutic chickens
- Defendant in Lee Rigby machete murder trial: ‘I love al Qaeda’
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, ‘cherry-picked’ intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a ‘wealthy white men’ racist word
2 guilds scrutinize Lohan TV film production
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Two Hollywood unions were scrutinizing worker safety and welfare on Lindsay Lohan’s TV movie “Liz & Dick” after the actress tweeted that she was exhausted because of long production days.
The Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists confirmed its representatives visited the production. It said it “will continue to visit” to enforce guild rules.
“We have spoken with representatives from the company, and they are fully aware of their contractual obligations. We will ensure that all applicable penalties will be paid,” the guild said in a statement.
SAG-AFTRA would not elaborate, spokeswoman Pamela Greenwalt said.
IATSE, the stage employees union, also was examining production conditions, including the crew’s work hours, a person familiar with the review said. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the person lacked authorization to discuss the issue publicly.
A SAG-AFTRA representative “was totally fine with everything” she found during shooting Tuesday at a Los Angeles estate, Thompson said in a statement. He was told there had been no complaints from guild members and that the visit was prompted by “tweets and comments in the media,” he said.
Lohan was treated last week by paramedics for exhaustion and dehydration. She posted on Twitter: “Note to self… After working 85hours in 4days, and being up all night shooting, be very aware that you might pass out from exhaustion & . 7 paramedics MIGHT show up.”
News reports that two crew members also sought treatment for exhaustion were incorrect, said Stan Rosenfield, Thompson’s spokesman.
“Liz & Dick,” about the romance of Taylor and Richard Burton, is expected to wrap principal photography at the end of June after about four weeks of shooting at Southern California locations standing in for Europe.
Filming has been rocky for Lohan. She was involved in a June 8 car crash on her way to the set but resumed shooting later that day.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Never apologetic. Never afraid. Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West joins Communities to bring tales from the biggest Foxhole of them all, the one inside the Beltway.
This column will cover anything that has anything remotely to do with the game of baseball, from the game itself to mid-summer trades to offseason moves.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow