- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before U.S. appeals court
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
Economy Briefs: Fed’s action doesn’t impress stock market
Stocks closed lower after the Federal Reserve’s economic update failed to give investors much to get excited about.
Consumer products maker Procter & Gamble Co. said demand is slowing. Sales of its products, which include Tide detergent and Duracell batteries, are a good window into the economy.
The Dow Jones industrial average closed down 13 points at 12,824 Wednesday. The Standard & Poor’s 500 fell two points to close at 1,356. The Nasdaq gained a fraction of a point to close at 2,930.
Spain finance minister: No international bailout needed
MADRID — Spain’s finance minister insisted again Wednesday that the country does not need a full-blown bailout, even as the country’s sky-high borrowing costs remained at dangerous levels.
The interest rate, or yield, on the Spanish benchmark 10-year bond fell 22 basis points to 6.78 percent, below the 7 percent level it has been hovering above since Monday. But Finance Minister Cristobal Montoro said Spain “does not need to be rescued.”
Yahoo, Liquid set to publish motion comics
PHILADELPHIA — Yahoo said Wednesday it is expanding its original offerings, partnering with Liquid Comics to offer motion-comics.
The two companies said they’ll make the first two titles - created by film directors Barry Sonnenfeld and Guy Ritchie - available online later this summer through Yahoo Screen.
Motion comics blend elements of comic book art and animation.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Afghanistan, heads to Africa
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.