- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Economy Briefs: Fed’s action doesn’t impress stock market
Question of the Day
Stocks closed lower after the Federal Reserve’s economic update failed to give investors much to get excited about.
Consumer products maker Procter & Gamble Co. said demand is slowing. Sales of its products, which include Tide detergent and Duracell batteries, are a good window into the economy.
The Dow Jones industrial average closed down 13 points at 12,824 Wednesday. The Standard & Poor’s 500 fell two points to close at 1,356. The Nasdaq gained a fraction of a point to close at 2,930.
Spain finance minister: No international bailout needed
MADRID — Spain’s finance minister insisted again Wednesday that the country does not need a full-blown bailout, even as the country’s sky-high borrowing costs remained at dangerous levels.
The interest rate, or yield, on the Spanish benchmark 10-year bond fell 22 basis points to 6.78 percent, below the 7 percent level it has been hovering above since Monday. But Finance Minister Cristobal Montoro said Spain “does not need to be rescued.”
Yahoo, Liquid set to publish motion comics
PHILADELPHIA — Yahoo said Wednesday it is expanding its original offerings, partnering with Liquid Comics to offer motion-comics.
The two companies said they’ll make the first two titles - created by film directors Barry Sonnenfeld and Guy Ritchie - available online later this summer through Yahoo Screen.
Motion comics blend elements of comic book art and animation.
TWT Video Picks
There's nothing centrist about the senior senator from Virginia
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq