- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Richard Lynch, actor of horror, sci-fi films, dies
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Richard Lynch, who employed his platinum hair and scarred face to play villainous characters in such films as “Bad Dreams” and “The Sword and the Sorcerer,” has died. He was 76.
Baronas said Vogel found him on the kitchen floor, and that “from what I currently understand, no investigation into the cause of his death will be made as his body was sent directly to a funeral home.”
The actor appeared in dozens of horror and sci-fi films in a career spanning four decades. He played serial killer Michael Myers’ principal in director Rob Zombie’s “Halloween” remake in 2007.
His most recent role was in Zombie’s upcoming movie, “The Lords of Salem.”
“I woke up this morning to the news that our friend Richard Lynch has passed away,” Zombie posted Wednesday on Facebook. “Richard was great to work with and really gave it his all. I will never forget the way he scared the crap out of the kid actors in `Halloween.’”
Other movies featuring Lynch included “Scarecrow,” “The Ninth Configuration,” “Invasion U.S.A.” and “Little Nikita.” He appeared in such TV series as “Battlestar Galactica,” “The A-Team,” “Six Feet Under” and “Star Trek: The Next Generation.”
Lynch had said he suffered scarring in 1967 after he set himself on fire while under the influence of LSD.
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener