- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Vitt claims he’s falsely portrayed as subsidizing hit on Favre
Question of the Day
Atogwe, who turns 31 on Saturday, spent last season with Washington after playing his first six seasons in St. Louis.
Atogwe was a third-round pick in 2005 out of Stanford. He has 520 tackles, 25 interceptions, 5.5 sacks and 19 forced fumbles.
GM: Harvin won’t be traded
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — Percy Harvin didn’t participate in Minnesota’s mandatory minicamp practice Wednesday afternoon, a few hours after requesting a trade from the Vikings.
Harvin did go through a light walk-through practice with the team Wednesday morning, but he wasn’t present for the longer afternoon session that he participated in Tuesday.
Harvin has requested a trade for unspecified reasons. Vikings general manager Rick Spielman says the team has no interest in trading its star receiver.
Coach Leslie Frazier declined to comment on Harvin’s absence from practice and wouldn’t say if he expects him to return Thursday for the final day of practice.
DT Stroud announces retirement
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Three-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Marcus Stroud is retiring after a decade in the NFL.
A first-round draft pick from Georgia in 2001, Stroud spent seven years in Jacksonville. He had 274 tackles and 22 sacks with the Jaguars and was voted a Pro Bowl starter in 2003, 2004 and 2005.
Traded to Buffalo in 2008, Stroud had 150 tackles and 7 1/2 sacks in three seasons with the Bills.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world